Sunday, January 3, 2010

She's Here

AF finally arrived this morning after I woke up from my sleep.  I am not surprised by it, just glad it is finally here.  So it is CD1 today, not CD31.  Time to look forward to the next cycle.

I am still dealing with this dang cold.  So far, I am doing the following to help ease the symptoms:

  • Sleeping with a humidifier, plus adding menthol vaporizer to it.
  • Drinking home remedy of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, pinch of cayenne pepper and some warm water.  It's got quite a kick to it, but suppose to work wonders.  We'll see.
  • Using the "nettie pot"/ sinus rinse.  I prefer the bottled kind.
  • Taking Re.doxon, a vitamin C and zinc supplement that was given to me by my sister.  I guess it is not sold in the US.  It's supposed to be really good too.
  • Taking Well.ness Formu.la, an herbal supplement that supposed to be help with your immune system.  The tablets smell really nasty, makes me gag each time I take it.
  • Drinking lots of water.
  • Made some good old chicken soup.  Will probably make more tomorrow.
  • Taking Tylen.ol when I need it.
  • Tried smelling some peppermint eucalyptus oil on a tissue last night, but could not smell a thing.  I could tell that my nose was inhaling something, but could not make out what the smell was.

Hope all these will help.  Did I mention I hate being sick?  I could use some more suggestions on how to deal with this cold.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment