I am still dealing with this dang cold. So far, I am doing the following to help ease the symptoms:
- Sleeping with a humidifier, plus adding menthol vaporizer to it.
- Drinking home remedy of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, pinch of cayenne pepper and some warm water. It's got quite a kick to it, but suppose to work wonders. We'll see.
- Using the "nettie pot"/ sinus rinse. I prefer the bottled kind.
- Taking Re.doxon, a vitamin C and zinc supplement that was given to me by my sister. I guess it is not sold in the US. It's supposed to be really good too.
- Taking Well.ness Formu.la, an herbal supplement that supposed to be help with your immune system. The tablets smell really nasty, makes me gag each time I take it.
- Drinking lots of water.
- Made some good old chicken soup. Will probably make more tomorrow.
- Taking Tylen.ol when I need it.
- Tried smelling some peppermint eucalyptus oil on a tissue last night, but could not smell a thing. I could tell that my nose was inhaling something, but could not make out what the smell was.
Hope all these will help. Did I mention I hate being sick? I could use some more suggestions on how to deal with this cold. Thanks!