Thursday, January 21, 2010

January ICLW and 2 Month Anniversary



IComLeavWe
Today starts the monthly International Comment Leaving Week, or IComLeavWe for January which runs January 21st through the 28th.  The last ICLW was a total disaster for me since it was right around the holidays, and you know how that goes.  This time around I promise to be better.  The goal is to leave at least 5 comments and return one comment daily until the 28th.

If you are visiting here from ICLW, Welcome!   But if you are not already a part of ICLW this month, make sure you contact Mel to be included in future ICLWs.

Today is also my 2 month anniversary of blogging.  Coincidently, this post is also my 50th since I started Baby On Mind on November 21st. When I first started, I didn't know if I could really do this, keep blogging or if people would actually even read it.  Well I guess I have come a long way.  Fifty postings in 2 months is not bad I suppose.

Blogging has given me  chance to journal my journey, voice my concerns, share my frustrations, ask lots of questions, and at the same time have some fun.   The best part of it all, I have gained a whole new community of blogging friends that either have or are going through some kind of infertility journey.  They are there to offer support and cheer me on when no one else can relate totally.  Some have similar journeys, others are unique.  And infertility can be a bitch!  Mine happens to be about 6 years of unexplained infertility, with never ever seeing a BFP.  We are currently waiting to start IVF in February.

So hang around for the ride.  Happy ICLW!

18 comments:

  1. Happy ICLW, Happy 50th post and Happy 2 month anniversary! When I started my blog back in 2006, I had no idea that anyone would ever read anything I wrote. It started out as a journal for me and a few family members, and now girl its outta control, LOL! Wishing you the best with your upcoming IVF cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW and 50th post and 2 month anniversary! I have been blogging for almost 2 years and I can't believe it either! And I have people that read me too! :)
    P.S. I'm doing Kym's sock exchange too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ICLW to you, too! This is also my second shot at this, since the Holidays were smack in the middle of last month's attempt.

    Congratulations on month two! Keep it up! I'll look forward to at (the very least) two more!!! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your anniv!! I have been at it only since 12/6/09 and I was afraid I wouldn't have any readers and that I couldn't keep the posting up. But I have been AND I now have 6 followers (not a lot but a good start for me!) lol... This is my 2nd month doing ICLW too and I'm sure it's rather ambitious but I've had fun with it!
    Happy ICLW & big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from ICLW. Happy 2 months! I started my blog back in July with the same thoughts that no one would read it. It was the best thing that I ever did though! Wishing you the best with your next IVF cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogoversary! 50 in two months is awesome, by the way! Good luck with the cycle!!!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy ICLW! I completely agree with blogging being an outlet! It offers us a chance to say things you can say in the "real world." Funny how that works.

    I pray that you see your elusive BFP soon! I too have never seen one and am pretty sure they don't exist (unless you are 14, on welfare, and don't know how the baby daddy is).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy ICLW and huge congrats on 2 months and 50 posts!

    Hoping your upcoming IVF brings you the baby you dream of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm unexplained, too. Dropping by from ICLW. Good luck with your upcoming IVF. I'm pretty sure the saying is, "Second time's a charm." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy ICLW!!! I started my blog in December when the hubs & I got serious with IVF... Please check me out as I have no followers yet =(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy ICLW! I love that I get to find all these new blogs! I look forward to reading about your journey with IVF. My hubby and I have been trying to conceive for 3 1/2 years with no success. We are currently doing IUI cycles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy that you started blogging or I would never have found you. It's nice to have another 30 something my age to share this journey with. I have FAITH in you and I have FAITH in me :) And, I'm going to be your personal cheerleader as you start IVF, rallying you on to the finish line, promise!

    Happy 50th post to you! Keep blogging and I promise to keep reading :)

    Many Hugs
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the well wishes!

    Andrea, which is your blog? I can' see it on your profile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! This is my first time participating in ICLW! It is so nice to have a support group to share experiences!! Although, I would much rather that none of us were experiencing IF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I started blogging, get this, 5.5 YEARS ago! The beauty of documenting is the ability to go back and see where you've cone from and how you've changed.

    Good luck with IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here from ICLW.

    I hear you on the ttc for 6 years and never seeing a BFP. We had been trying for 7 years before we saw a BFP and since our first, we've had 7 miscarriages.

    I will keep everything crossed that you get your miracle sooner rather than later.

    Rach
    www.thegalwho.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow 50 posts in 2 months! That's awesome! I don't have that many and I've been at it Since September! I'm here from ICLW, and have been perusing some of your past posts...I just added you to my reader..I hope you don't mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats on 50 posts! that's quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete