Monday, August 9, 2010

Post-Birthday Post

So yesterday, Sunday, was my 37th birthday. Yes, 37th.

Originally I was going to write a "woe-is-me-I-am-37-and-too-old-to-have-a-baby-and-I-don't-want-to-celebrate" post, but I was too lazy to write anything, and I guess the urge to do that has past.  So no woe-is-me birthday post I guess.

My birthday day was pretty uneventful.  The church conference all day Wednesday through Saturday pretty much pooped me out.  But I had a great time, and was pretty encouraged from it.  Babe and I slept in on Sunday and went to the later church service.  Then I was craving Chinese food, so we went to one of our favorite Chinese restaurants.  We came home, took a nap, and later went out and cashed in on my free birthday coffee from Caribou Coffee.   We skipped dinner and instead, went and bought ourselves a small strawberry shortcake for my birthday "cake".  We ended my day with a chick flick - we watched "The Ugly Truth" at home.

All in all, it was a nice, lazy, relaxing birthday.  I got multiple phone calls from my family, calling me up from Asia.  It was fun having my nieces and nephew sing me a birthday song.  Actually we woke me up in the morning!  I also spoke to my mom and dad, and my brother.  It was a pretty uneventful day, and one that I am grateful for.  I wasn't in that much of a mood to celebrate anyway.  But still it was nice.

So yes, I am 37.  I used to think I was still in my mid thirties, just a tad bit over the dreaded 35 where fertility starts declining.  Well, there's no denying it now.  I'm much more closer to 40 than 30, or even 35.  But that's life.  And that's my life.

It's all attitude isn't it?  It's deciding WHAT I'm going to do with my life, and HOW I'm doing to live it that matters now.

Yeah.... if only I'm as positive and I'd like to be.

Oh, and yes, I am still planning on a 200th post / 100th follower/ birthday giveaway.  I still have to decide what to give away.  I'll keep you posted!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice low key birtday with your hubby. I still consider you in your mid 30's.

    It is all about attitude. Keep thinking positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Isn't it sad that we now think of age in terms of fertility status. I have to admit, I do so myself and 38 will be here in a few weeks, but I refuse to let that define my journey. I don't feel 38, even if my ovaries do! LOL

    SO happy that you and Babe celebrated your day, as that is wonderful. I think of you often and want you to know that I pray for you and know that your journey will continue...it will, I have so much FAITH.

    Be good to yourself and know that I continue to lift you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! Your are soooooo young and have plenty of "fertility" left in you;-)

    Birthday blessings for a year full of all that God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy belated birthday! and you're totally still in your mid-30s. 33-37 is the range i'm going with! glad you had a nice day. i know too well the pull of the woe-is-me on your birthday. i never thought in a million years i'd still be childless at 35. it will happen! gotta keep the hope going! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I'm glad it ended up being a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday. May the Lord continue to bless you with good health and happiness for a lifetime. And I am go glad that you are very optimistic. Keep it up and one day your long waited wish will come true. Wish you baby dust. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your birthday was at least pleasant and you heard from lots of people who love you! Praying that you'll be able to fight on and still find a way to be a mommy and that your happiest years are just ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Honey! Glad it was low key and that your family sent you love! I'm praying that 37 is a magical year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to be 37 in December, and here I am, pregnant. Age isn't everything. Here's hoping that this year is full of the gifts you most desire. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. At, 39, I'm pushing 40. And 37 seems so young to me! I guess it's all in the mind. Anyway I hope your 37th year brings you all the wonderful blessings you've wished for. Happy, happy birthday too you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. Laminate Flooring Prices

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. Sisal carpet Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete