Tuesday, January 28, 2014

7dp5dt

Today is 7dp5dt (7 days post 5 day transfer).  I can't really believe that it has been a weeks since my transfer.

Only 2 more days to my beta on Thursday.  A lot of people feel like the 2WW (2 week wait) to the pregnancy test is unbearable.  For me it has been OK.  I have tried not to think too much about it.  People have asked how I am feeling so far.  I'm feeling OK, not super optimistic, but also not defeated (yet).  Honestly, I feel kinda....... meh.  In a way, I want to get the the beta ASAP so I can just find out what the result is.  On the other hand, I don't really want to know.

I have to admit that I have experienced "embryo envy" this transfer.  At my last transfer in November, I had two "excellent" embryos graded at 4AA and 6AA.  This time, they were "great" at 3AA, "good' at 2AB, and 2BC which probably wouldn't survive.  I can't help but think if I had such great embryos last time and it didn't work, how is this time's embryos gonna fair?  To be fair, a few other EA mamas that have told me that their lower grade embryos have turned out to be wonderful babies.  And sometimes even their best quality embryos did not result in babies.  So I guess, I should not give up.

During my last transfer, at 4dp5dt, I had some pretty strong cramping and implantation spotting.   It was the first time I had ever experienced implantation spotting.  But in the end I had a chemical pregnancy.  Still it was the first ever and ONLY pregnancy symptom I've ever had.  This time around, I have felt nothing.  I am aware that because my embryos were not as expanded as the last transfer's it may take a bit longer for the embryos to implant.  I keep hoping I will feel some cramping or have some implantation spotting.  Or sore boobs.  Or nausea.  But so far, nothing.  The only thing that could possibly come close to a "symptom" is me being really tired.  I have been sleeping in lately, and even then I am tired by the afternoon and need an afternoon nap.  Maybe it's just the progesterone.

I found out that another NEDC mama who had her transfer 3 days before me is not pregnant.  I am really sad for her.  Another NEDC mama that has her beta today took a home pregnancy test and it is positive.  I'm praying that she will have a great beta number.  Then on Thursday, myself and another NEDC mama who had her transfer on the same day as me, we will have our betas.  We are praying that we will both be pregnant at the same time.  How fun will that be.

I caved and went to this website to calculated my due date.  If we are successful in getting pregnant with a singleton, our due date is October 9th, 2014.  If twins, September 17, 2014.

I mentioned this to Babe, and he said, "So, September?".  Hah... I think he may want twins.  And I know a lot of people are actually praying for twins for us.  I guess we will see.


14 comments:

  1. Grow babies! I think my only early symptom with my pregnancy was an increased sense of smell. Praying for your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you!! My only symptoms before beta was being tired too. I was more tired then than I have been so far. So maybe the tiredness isn't just the progesterone! I am sure hoping so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost there. Fingers crossed for a beautiful beta result or if you give in early, two beautiful lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed that this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your last couple days fly by. It's so hard not to over analyize every feeling and twinge. Praying hard that this is it for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hoping so hard for you!!! Come on BFP!!

    Mel at thereisahigherhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying that you get at least one healthy baby. Yeah we wanted twins too but I'm really glad the singleton we have in utero is so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was hoping you'd post today :) waiting with baited breath for Thursday's Beta number!! Praying expectantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great and informative post. thank you for sharing this information with us. handmade carpets abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    carpet dubai

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks RegardsBest Curtain Stores abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete