My transfer is in exactly one week. We hop on the plane (hopefully) on Sunday, pending my ultrasound and estradiol appointment on Thursday. My lining will need to be at at least 7 mm for this to be a go a planned. If all is well, our transfer is on Tuesday the 21st.
Truth be told, I'm a little nervous. Though my appointment for my last transfer in November went fine (my lining was 9 mm), I'm a little nervous that it may be thin like it was for my originally planned September transfer when it was only 6.3 mm. It was supposed to be delayed a couple of days but in the end was cancelled when we found out I had a polyp that needed to be removed first. So, I'm praying that my lining will be at least 7 mm, so we would not be delayed. To help it along, I have been going in for weekly acupuncture sessions, though I will have 2 this week. I have also been eating fresh raspberries and putting a hot pad over my uterus to help with blood flow to the lining, as per my acupucturist. If all goes well, I should start my PIO (progesterone in oil) shots on Friday.
On another note, I had an appointment with my doctor to follow-up on my blood pressure concern. At my hysteroscopy to remove my polyp, they found that my blood pressure was really high. I went to see my doctor and we discussed that we would monitor my blood pressure at home for a couple of months, increase my activity levels, lower my salt intake and eat more fruits and veggies. Well my blood pressure was still slightly elevated. I have to admit, I have not been good at eating a low sodium diet with all the holidays and traveling. Nor have I been exercising much with my butt being sore during PIO shots, being on vacation, and trying to get out to exercise in this recent extreme cold weather.
I am not keen to start taking BP medication. But with a family history of high BP, and me potentially being pregnant, my doctor has started me on a BP meds called Metholdopa. This medication is safe for pregnancy, and is in fact used by pregnant women to control high BP. At this point, it is more important to manage my BP as having high BP during pregnancy can lead to complications such as preecampsia, low birth rate and stillbirth.
I will have a follow up appointment with my doctor in about 3 weeks. By then, I will would have had my transfer, and will know if I am pregnant. It is not the way I was hoping to start off 2014, but I will do what is best for my body and my future baby (babies?!).