The Apothecary Shop
(Formerly) IVP Care - now Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy
(Formerly) Schaft's - now Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy
Fairview Specialty Pharmacy
Triessent Pharmacy (covered by my insurance)
Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy
After calling each of these pharmacies, and putting them all into a spreadsheet, I noticed the following.
- Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy has bought over some of the other (smaller?) pharmacies.
- Prices of drugs have gone up since the last time I checked in January/February, around 5%.
- Some companies allow a "discounted" price if you pay a $10 annual fee for Meno.pur (Walgreens and The Apothecary Shop does this); or if you register for the free program, but would need to provide your email address (Walgreens and Fairview), you could get a better price for Follis.tim.
- I was told that some companies are "preferred" distributors for certain drugs, and therefore can get a cheaper of one drug name, but not the other of a similar drug. For example, Freedom charges a lot for Follis.tim - $427 for a 300IU cartridge, but only $260 for the same unit of Go.nal-F because they are a "preferred" distributor for Go.nal-F, but not of Follis.tim. These 2 brands are pretty much the same drug, just different brand name. Some companies will provide cheaper prices for Follis.tim, other for Go.nal-F.
- Of the companies looked at, Freedom Drug was the most expensive
- The Apothecary Shop was the cheapest.
- Comparing everything, Walgreens is pretty comparable to The Apothecary Shop, with prices being only pennies to a couple of dollars difference (with the exception of the HCG, about $12 difference).
One of the gals also mentioned buying IVF meds from Canadian online companies. Their drugs are much cheaper. Have any of you bought your IVF drugs from an Canadian or European online pharmacy?
I looked at www.canadadrugs.com, but it takes 12 days to ship, with maybe 3-4 days shorter if I go with expedited shipping. I'm don't think I can get them in time for stim start day of July 2nd, which is next week.
Just looking at canadadrugs.com, only Menopur is cheaper in Canada than what I can get here.
It's insane how expensive IVF meds are!