Monday, August 23, 2010

August ICLW

IComLeavWe Hello ICLWers!

It's already the 3rd day of ICLW and I am still slacking off on writing a post about it. Or commenting.  Thanks to all that have already visited here, and have left some comments.  I will get on it, I promise!

In a nutshell, Babe (DH) and I have been TTC for over 6 years.  We were first diagnosed as having "unexplained infertility" (I hate that word), with 4 IUIs and some surgeries thrown in for good measure.  We have done a total of 3 IVFs (one done overseas), with the last one just completed in July.  I got my period the night before my beta.   That really sucked.

Based on the last 2 IVFs, it was determined that we have egg quality issue.  Well, after TTC for 6 years and me just turning 37 in August, I suppose age is a factor.  Was egg quality an issue 3, 4 or 5 years ago when we first started trying?  I guess we'll never know.

For now, we are "taking a break" from TTC.  It's nice to be able to just not think about what cycle day it is, having to avoid alcohol, sushi or soft cheeses, taking prenatal vitamins, etc.  At least until we decide what's next.

So, that's me in a nutshell.  Looking forward to reading your stories.

12 comments:

  1. I feel for you. If it's any consolation, we started trying at age 28, and it was determined I had egg quality issues due to a thyroid disorder. God blessed us with a beautiful baby boy through the miracle of domestic infant adoption 2 years ago. Now we are pursuing embryo adoption. Please know that God is SO much bigger than our circumstances. I'm sure you know many "miracle" pregnancy stories -- I've witnessed several personally. God knows your heart and knows your desires. Delight yourself in Him -- and slowly, your desires become His desires. You start to want what HE wants for your life, and that is where true joy comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that God gives you peace during this break, and that He reveals the path forward for you soon...oh, and of course, for your BFM.

    ((HUGS))

    Happy ICLW!
    tina
    #172

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what... a break is good. You eat all the soft cheeses, sushi and have all the Starbucks you want. You deserve it. Sending you my best! -- Jay (ICLW #78)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy ICLW! Sometimes you need to take a break for your well-being. I hope that your prayers are answered soon and a path will become clear for you!!
    ~Michelle
    http://mmproper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breaks are totally worth it. It is nice to not have to overanalyze everything. I say drink some Sangria, eat some sushi, and do something crazy with your husband! HUGS!!!

    ICLW #55

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your break. IVF is so intense. I didn't realize how stressed I was until I took a break. It was so nice not to have to worry about shots, appointments, and more shots. Happy resting. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're on a forced break because I just had fibroid surgery. On the one hand, it makes me feel more normal. No shots. No worries about what I'm eating/drinking. No monitoring what day it is or what appointment I have.

    On the other hand, it makes me impatient. I'm not DOING anything! I'm ready for a baby, so how can I just sit around and WAIT?

    Ultimately, even with the impatience I'm hoping this break will be good for me, mentally and physically. Enjoy yours!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. The break can be really nice. I hope you get to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DH and I have been ttc for over 6 years too. We finally stopped last year as we were just so tired of the ups and downs of IF treatment. We took a long break to think things over and now we are in the beginning stages of domestic infant adoption.

    Enjoy your break. I pray it is a rejuvenating time for you and B.

    Happy ICLW
    Jonelle #11

    ReplyDelete
  10. A break will be wonderful. Just focus on yourself and your hubs and your love for each other. It will probably have a nice effect on your overall health as well. Destress and smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. exhibition carpets in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.vinyl oak flooring dubai

    ReplyDelete