Friday, January 22, 2010

ICLW Overload

Except for a few hours I spent shopping, cooking dinner, and Zum.ba-ing at the Y, I spent most of today (ok, it's actually yesterday, but let's pretend it's not past midnight yet) reading and commenting on fellow ICLWers' blogs.  I'm definitely making up for last month.

Did you know there are a total of 168 blogs listed on Mel's IComLeavWe list this month? There are so many new and interesting blogs there, some with very similar journeys to mine and others with different  IF paths.  I have "met" some of you for the first time today, and I wish I could meet you in person.  It amazes me to see your strength and will in your pursuit of your dreams to having a child.  You give me hope and courage to keep on going.

Juggling between reading posts from people I follow, blogs on ICLW, and checking out the blogs of people that leave me comments is hard work!  When I find an interesting blog, I want to go back and read the rest of the blog to catch up, not an easy task if the blog's been around for a while.  I've already lost count of how many blogs I've added to my list to follow just today.  I'm up to 42 blogs now.  You think I spend enough time on the internet?  This beats Facebook hands down!

On another note, Zum.ba was a blast again tonight.  In addition to the usual hip hop and bellydancing, our instructor decided to do some "oldies" where we danced to Grease's "Greased Lightning".  Also some Indian dancing where we danced to "Jai Ho", the soundtrack from "Slum Dog Millionaire".  Loads of fun!

OK, back to reading and posting comments!

16 comments:

  1. Hey!! Here from ICLW. You're right there are so many amazing stories out there in the ALI blogosphere. I'm finding a lot of new interesting blogs this month. We are in slightly similar situations-I am TTC #2, we are possibly starting IVF later this year also. We are going to try IUI first. Sounds like you had an awesome time at your Zumba class. I love that song from Slumdog Millionaire. Sending you sticky baby dust for your Feb cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zumba ! I know noone who has even tried it. Only on the web. :)
    I love the layout of your blog, the design. Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the Zumba class I took all we danced to was Latin music. I have the Jai Ho on my iPod, I would LOVE to learn how to Zumba to that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually going to Zumba tonight! I really like it alot. I will actually be starting BCPs in Feb to start our 1st IVF too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Zumba. I am actually sad to be missing my class today b/c my dr said to take it easy today. We also do some Tina Turner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya! I got Iron Commenter last month (my 1st time doing ICLW) & I was hoping to do it again this month but I'm just not sure I will be able to ... I'm going to try, though! I do love ICLW, though!
    ICLW Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to keep up with so many blogs! I have such a hard time even posting five comments (I already screwed up yesterday because of an extremely long work day), but I am hoping to do a better job this time. Your zumba class sounds great - I would love to try it!

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I am relatively new to the blogging world - just started my blog a few days ago. I plan on catching up on your story and following your blog into 2010. I wish you the best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zum.ba sounds like fun! This is my first ICLW. It's a little overwhelming - 168!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings! I too am new to the blogging world and take such comfort in this sisterhood! I wish you luck on next month's IVF. I'll be checking in :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard a lot about this zumba dance - I'd love to try it sometime. Sounds like a lot of fun! I really hope your IVF goes smoothly and brings you the desired result!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just started blogging, and its SO hard to stop adding blogs to my list! I just keep finding such amazing stories and I just HAVE to know where they go! Best of luck to you with your upcoming IVF cycle.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the Slumdog soundtrack!!! I work out to it (when I get the time to work out, that is).

    Adding blogs and discovering their journeys is so addictive. It's like the best books in the world are at my fingertips! So, I know what you mean.

    I wish you the best with the cycle next month! I hope it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stopping in to spread some ICLW love!

    I agree, IF blogs are like CRACK! I think I have, oh, around 100 blogs that I follow. It exhausting keeping up, but I'm in love with so many of my IF sisters. It's such a comfort to interact with women who GET IT.

    I just read through your "history" post, and I'm so sorry for the frustration and roadblocks you've faced! I really hope that IVF is the answer for you and DH.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blogging is kind of addictive like that! I always joke with my husband that blogging is like my second job, because I spend so much time writing, reading, and commenting.

    Erin
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really loving this ICLW, too. I'm like you, though, because I don't like to just read the first post, make a generic comment and move on. I like to go back and read and get to know the person, especially if they're similar to me.

    I think my DH is really annoyed by me right now. He keeps coming over to the computer and making his eyes really big, like "Are you a member of the real world?!?!"

    ReplyDelete