Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Done Waiting, For Now

So tomorrow's the big day.  We are meeting with our RE at 9:30 am to discuss our next steps.  I'm a little nervous but excited.  I've been waiting for a while for us to start IVF, so it's great that it's finally here.  I think I have a fairly good list of questions to ask the RE, though I wish I had covered more in the book I was trying to re-read before the appointment.  I'm hoping that I can get a good night's sleep tonight.  Insomnia is torture, though I think the so called "decaf" coffee at 4 p.m. yesterday did not help one bit with falling asleep last night.  I think it was dawn by the time I fell asleep.

Today I visited my good friend E.  E and I have known each other since our college days and share a love for food and sushi.  E's daughter L is 2, and is also my goddaughter.  E and her husband B has known about our TTC struggles for a while.  Knowing that we have our appointment with the RE tomorrow, E&B spent some time praying with me for our appointment.  It is really comforting to have people pray for us.  Even though they may not know exactly what we are going through or how we are feeling, it is uplifting to know that someone is thinking about us and taking time to pray on our behalf.  Sometimes it is nice just to be able to physically talk about it to someone, other than DH.  After praying B said he saw a vision of 2010, the "2" representing the two of us (DH and I), and the "1" representing our baby.  He thinks 2010 to is the year for us!  And if it takes a little longer, we may have a baby in 2011, the "11" representing twins!  That put a smile on my face =)

And then tonight, I called my high school friend SM in Indiana.  Her baby Paul just turned one today so I called to wish him a happy birthday.  SM had also struggled with TTC for a few years.  I think they had MFI due to diabetes and also suffered through a miscarriage.  Miraculously, they conceived naturally and now have a happy baby boy.  They too have had many people pray for them, and truly believe in the power of prayer.  I don't think SM went through any fertility treatments prior to conceiving naturally, so I was explaining to her what the IVF process is like.  She said "You know, I have a very good feeling  about this.  It's going to happen very soon".

So I am feeling pretty optimistic right now.  I will do an update tomorrow once I know more after the appointment.

5 comments:

  1. I'm a believer in the power of prayer too! hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what the RE says! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping that your appointment went well today, and praying that this will be your year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did your appt go? I hope it went really well!!

    ReplyDelete