Saturday, January 9, 2010

Reading Material: "In Vitro Fertilization: The A.R.T. of Making Babies"



In preparation of my appointment with my RE next week, I am re-reading the book "In Vitro Fertilization: The A.R.T. of Making Babies", by Geoffrey Sher, Virginia Marriage Davis, and Jean Stoess.

I got this book last year and have read it once over, kind of picking and choosing where I wanted to focus on.  There is a lot of good information in that book.  This time I'm pulling out my highlighter!  I may make DH read some parts of it too.

I am hoping to complete the book before my appointment next Wednesday, or at least get to the important parts that can help me think of good questions to ask the RE.

I may even share some interesting points with you too.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Reading and trying to remember can be daunting sometimes...good for you to use your magic hi-lighter :) From my experience thus far, and it's not much, I think its wonderful to include your hubby in the reading. Men need to read up and have the knowledge we have in order to be even more supportive of us during this often difficult journey.

    Please share your thoughts...

    Wishing you much success and sending you many hugs :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm reading this book as well to prepare for my first IVF cycle this spring. I found it at a great used book store for only a few $, which was nice lol.

    Another good book is 'The Couple's Guide to In Vitro Fertilization" by Liza Charlesworth.

    Sending you and your hubby positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete