Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Show and Tell: "Playing for Change: Stand By Me" Video


Show and Tell
It's time for Mel's weekly Show and Tell.  This is now my 4th time participating in the Show and Tell and I must say it is a lot of fun.  It is a place to share something, anything with others.  It's really fun looking at what other people are showing too.  Go check it out.  Then don't forget to come back and see what I am showing this week.

This week I'm sharing a video "Stand By Me" put together by the Playing for Change Project.  The creators of the project traveled the world to places like as New Orleans, Barcelona, South Africa, Spain, France and Italy, and had local musicians perform "Stand by Me", interpreted in their own style.

I really enjoy this video because the song is so great, and the styles of the singers and musicians are so different.  Yet it comes together perfectly.  It also reminds me that we in the ALI community can definitely use someone to stand by us!  I listen to this over and over again!

Check out the website http://playingforchange.com/



I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.  Now go check out the rest of the class at Mel's weekly Show and Tell.

9 comments:

  1. What an absolutely wonderful rendition of Stand By Me. I truly love it. BTW, your Show and Tell got you mentioned in the post I have going up tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was pretty awesome! Thanks for directing my attention there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this video! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT! New Orleans has been on my mind as we are going there next month and it was just fab! Found you via show and tell btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful rendition indeed...and it brings out the diversity so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great version. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that version and the way he sings it with such passion!

    Hugs
    Andrea
    persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this version.. love this song! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great version of a great song !

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete