First of all, I want to thank everyone that has left me all those wonderful comments from yesterday's post. I am humbled that so many of you have prayed or have offered to keep praying for me through these few days. This has been the hardest few days for me, even worse than the dreaded 2 week wait. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I called the clinic today and talked to a nurse. It sounds like the doctors normally do a day-3 or day-5 transfer only. Plus I realized last night that today would already be day-3. I asked the nurse if the doctor would do day 4 transfers, and the answer is no. They try leave the embryos alone as much as possible to give the embryos a chance to grow as much as possible without disturbance. The nurse said she would talk to the doctor or the lab and see what she can find out.
Well Teresa, the nurse from the embryology lab just called me back. I have bad news and possibly good news.
The bad news: It looks like Little Embie have not grown since yesterday. It was at a 3 blast stage yesterday, and it is still at 3 today. I am saddened by this, but they will continue to monitor closely.
The (possibly) good news: It looks like an egg that did not fertilize yesterday seems to have fertilized today. It now has 2 cells. It is a day late and is slower in growth. I am naming him/her Tiny. This give me new hope!
Teresa was telling me that this is really weird, that an egg would fertilized this late. It is not something they see every day. I'd like to think of it as a miracle! They will continue to monitor the embryos closely. Teresa even gave me the number to the direct line of the embryology lab so I can call tomorrow if I wanted to.
I am feeling a mixture of emotions right now. Disappointed that Little Embie possibly did not make it, and hope that Tiny may now be in the picture.
So now we wait some more. The clinic will call me tomorrow with more information, about what time the transfer will be on Wednesday, or if the transfer will be cancelled. Obviously, I'm hoping that both Little Embie and Tiny makes it tomorrow, and we would be able to continue with a transfer on Wednesday.
Please continue to pray that both Little Embie and Tiny will continue to multiply and grow strong and healthy.
I so want these embies back inside me!