Sunday, March 14, 2010

Change of Plans, x2

Well today was an interesting day.   It was a treat because my Babe agreed to drag himself out of bed to go to my 7 am appointment with me this morning.  It was a dark and quiet drive at 6:30 am on Sunday morning, not many people were on the roads.

At the appointment, we found we made some progress.
     Lining: 11 mm, which is great.
     Right ovary: 17 11.5 (17x11), 16 13.5 (16x11), 14, 13, 12, 12 & 11 (plus 5 small ones)
     Left ovary: 13, 12, 12, 12, 11, 11 & 10 (plus 10 to 15 less than 8 mm)

I have a total of 14 follicles in the race now, compared to 9 on Friday.  Yippee!!

I thought we would have made a bit more progress on the size of the follicles, but I'm happy that we have 4 more follicles that have caught up.  I try to remember what someone once said that we don't want the follicles to grow too fast; slower growing follicles make better quality eggs.  Not sure if it's true, but it's comforting to hear.
Change of plans.  No trigger shot today.  Boo!

I am supposed to came back in on Tuesday for another ultrasound and blood work.  I was told to stay on the same regiment: 5 units of Lu.pron and 2 vials of Meno.pur in the mornings, and then 300IUs of Follis.tim in the evenings until Tuesday's appointment.

Also found out that I could continue to do my shots at the same time, even with daylight savings.  For a while, I thought I'd need to move the shots back an hour to make sure it was within the 12 hour window, but the nurse said it didn't make that much of a difference.  A different gal, drew my blood today, and found out that "Helga's" real name is actually Ea.  Interesting name.  I will continue to address her as Helga in this blog though.

After the appointment, my Babe and I stopped in at Mickey D's for breakfast, which is something we NEVER do.  Went home, did my morning shots, then off to church we went.  After church, both Babe and I crashed and took a long nap.  It was nice, because we woke up to a beautiful day, with warm temps around 57 degrees and sunshine.

I found out later this afternoon that a nurse had called and left a message.  It seems that my estrogen level had shot up to 1,275.  Not sure what that means exactly, but they want to monitor me more closely.  So, another change of plans.

I am to reduce my dosage of Follis.tim to 225 instead of 300IUs tonight.  Same dosage of Lu.pron and Meno.pur in the morning.  Then I am supposed to call first thing tomorrow (Monday) morning to schedule an appointment for the same morning.  They want to see where I am at that time.

*Sigh*  More changes.  Not sure if they will tell me to trigger tomorrow night, or if I would need to go back on Tuesday.  I'm not going to speculate, I guess I will just wait and see.

Bloating remains pretty much the same.  No changes from yesterday.

Hang around to see how all this plays out.


  1. Yay for more follies, boo for no trigger! Hang in there... sending prayers!

  2. Holy follies! Good news hopefully trigger is soon.

  3. holy crap! great lining and follies! congrats! hang in there with the change of plans. it totally sucks but you'll be home recovering from ER before you know it! hoping you trigger in the next day or so!

  4. Yay for growing follies!!!! Hang in there. The big day will be here before you know it!

    Happy 100 posts too!

  5. Hey - I don't quite understand all the stuff either but your follicles should grow at the same rate as your estrogen levels. Your estrogen may have been a little high so they had to decrease your dose. I can't wait your follie numbers SOUNDS AWESOME! I can't wait to hear!!!!