Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stim Day 5 & 4th of July Weekend

I went in for my stim (stimulation) day 5 appointment yesterday.  Nothing exciting going on yet.  My lining was 5 mm, which was good.  On Friday, it was 8 mm, but I had a slight period so the lining shed.  Now it should start building up again.  There were 11 -12 follicles on my right ovary, and 12 on the left.  I am continuing my current dosage of 150 IUs of Meno.pur in the morning and 300 IUs of Follis.tim in the evenings.  I go back for another ultrasound on Friday.

Babe and I had a wonderful 4th of July weekend.  We were up in Upper Michigan visiting at my SIL's family home.  Babe's parents, his brother and wife, and our 3-year-old niece were there visiting her parents.  My SIL's parent's house is by a lake and we had a warm and beautiful weekend.  I guess they only get that kind of weather once or twice a summer, so we really lucked out.  We swam in the lake, kayaked, and even went out sailing.  We had such a great R&R time.  I let myself "indulge" in coffee, ice cream and almost raw fish (we had seared ahi tuna!)  Just a little.  But I was also very good, having a lots of fruit.

My SIL who is pregnant didn't "announce" her pregnancy while we were there.  She assumed we knew since my MIL told her that she had accidently told us.  She was very gracious about her pregnancy.  She didn't dwell too much into it, except for when she couldn't eat certain things.  The next time I see her, she will already have had the baby.  My niece is so cute.  She's all excited about the baby, and kept saying that she is having a little baby sister.  I wonder if she will be sorely disappointed if she gets a brother.

Thankfully, I did not have any trouble sneaking in my shots twice a day.  I just had to be really careful about not leaving any evidence of my shots (alcohol swabs, gauze pads, syringes, etc).  I just made sure that I took everything with me when I was done.  I didn't bring a sharps container with me.  I just brought a small plastic ziplock container for my used Follis.tim needles, and I recapped and put my syringes used for Meno.pur in a small cosmetic bag.  It worked out really well.

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend.  I was going to try updating my blog, but I was too busy enjoying myself!

4 comments:

  1. goodluck on this cycle babe!! i'll be right behind you - starting stims on the 15th. i hope this is *it* for us :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 4th of July weekend sounds wonderful! What's even more amazing is that you managed to sneak in all your shots in such a "social" setting. I also read about your job saga in your last post. I hope everything will work out for the best, and that you'll see "2 lovely lines" at the end of this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    Hardwood Flooring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about Carpet Stores

    ReplyDelete