Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm Back

I'm back.... just got home on Tuesday night from a few days of being out of town.  I'm still trying to catch up on laundry, mail and the usual craziness from coming home from a trip.

These last few days were busy, which included an out-of-state trip for a birthday for an 8-year old nephew, his first communion, his 6 month-old sister's baptism, and my Babe's birthday.  It was of course filled with craziness with all the relatives meeting up for all the festivities.  

My Babe's a kid magnet.  He is the favorite uncle of all the nieces and nephews, and especially the 8 and 5-year old nephews and the 3-year old niece that were there this weekend.  The 6-month old is still too young to know any better, but I'm sure she too will absolutely love my Babe.  All weekend, it was all about "Uncle Babe".  They kids wanted to do everything him, sit next to him at dinner, play games with him, etc.  

It was really sweet to see him spend time with the kids on the Wi.i, giving them airplane rides and playing catch.  Yet at the same time, I was feeling envious.  Here, all these kids get to enjoy spending time doing fun kid related things with my Babe, and we have no kids of our own.  He should be doing these things with our own kids!  My Babe would make such a wonderful dad.  He has so much patience with them.  In the past I used to think that it was good practice for us to hang out with other people's kids.  Now I know that we are so ready for our own.

On a another note, I was able to meet up with my high school friend on our way home.  She too had struggled with infertility for a few years before having her son who's now 1.  It was really nice to catch up, hang out, and chat, even though it was just for a brief visit.  It's also reassuring to know that she has been, and will continue to pray for us for a baby.

ICLW was a total bust for me this month.  I was hoping to do some catch up while out of town, but my SIL's house did not have wireless connection, and I did not want to surf the IF blogs and leave any "evidence" (No one in my Babe's family knows about our TTC struggles) on her home computer.  

I was surprised to find out that I gained a few new followers this month, so thank you for that.  It's been slow but I hope to change that soon.  I am still over a week behind in catching up on blogs, I'm trying really hard to catch up soon!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Glad you were able to get away for a few days. Wow, you're super sneaky keeping all you considerable TTC efforts secret from your Babe's family. It's always so hard to know who will and won't be supportive. I like to keep a pretty tight lid on things, too where extended family is concerned.

    ReplyDelete