Gained weigh: "Damn it! I put on weight! Stupid scale! I hate you!"
Lost weight: "What? I lost weight? No way, there must be something wrong with this scale!"
To be safe, I always weigh myself at the same time each day, first thing in the morning, naked, before I shower and after I pee. Don't you just hate going to your doctor's and they weigh you fully clothed? That's so stupid. Do you know how much your clothes weigh, especially when you have your winter outfits on? I always seem to magically put on a couple of pounds at the doctor's office.
For the last few years, I have been 10 to 15 pounds more than what I'd like to be. I'm not super overweight or anything, but according to the scale, my BMI is has always been 25.5, which falls into the overweight category. I'm a pretty short person, so my weight tends to sit around my waist, belly and thighs. Very attractive, I know.
I sort of gave up on weighing myself a little while ago because it never seemed to change.
Just a few days ago, I weighed myself and was surprised to find that I lost 4 pounds! Wait, what? What happened? How could I have lost 4 pounds? There must be something wrong with this scale (remember my I-do-not-trust-you episodes above?).
My BMI is now 24.8 which now falls in the "normal" category (BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 is considered normal)! Ok, I'm still on the high end of the normal range, but still it's normal!
Of course I checked to make sure the scale was properly calibrated, and it seemed like it was. I had to check again the next day just to be sure, and again, it still showed that I had lost the 4 pounds! I can't remember the last time I was in the "normal" BMI range! I'm excited to have lost the weight. It seems like my belly looks a tiny bit smaller, but I keep thinking it's all in my head.
So I've been thinking, what is it that changed lately that may have helped with my weight loss? Most probably due to the fact that I am currently not employed. Since I left my highly stressful job:
- I have been WAY less stressed
- I am a happier person
- I am sleeping 9 hours or more every night
- I am sleeping better everynight (no more thinking about work!)
- I have stopped drinking my (almost) daily medium turtle mocha, a whopping 580 empty calories a day! Ugh! What was I thinking!! There's a wonderful Carib.ou Coffee (similar to Starb.ucks but better) in the building where I used to work. It was hard to escape the wonderful aromas, and I needed the caffeine boost in the mornings.
- I have been eating lighter lunches versus unhealthy cafeteria food
- I rarely drink soft drinks anymore
- I have been working out at my Zum.ba, Latin Hip Hop and ocassional Pilat.es classes at the Y.
- I actually have time now to cook dinner instead of going through drive thrus or ordering take-outs.
I suppose, if nothing else seeing the list of things I'm doing better for myself makes me feel pretty good. I am hoping to keep losing the weight, another 5 to 10 pounds would be good. Getting my body to tip-top shape before Baby comes would be wonderful.
I think it's time for me to buy a new digital scale. I still don't trust my stupid el-cheapo analog scale.
A thought.... I wonder how much weight I will GAIN when I start my injectibles in the next month? Yippee..... so much to look forward to..... NOT.