Thursday, May 15, 2014

We Made It To Knoxville!

I got the call from NEDC's nurse this afternoon that my transfer is at 11 EST on Friday.

Thankfully the flight to Knoxville was on time and uneventful. There was a beautiful sunset during takeoff. I was able to snatch a quick photo of it. 

We also saw the full moon rise above the clouds. First it was just a sliver above the clouds, then eventually the moon rose fully. It was beautiful. The couple of photos below does not do it justice. 


My butt is pretty sore from my PIO shots and I've only had 3 shots so far. I had my evening shot 3 hours early, before we left for the airport.  We figured it's a little over the 2 hour window recommended by NEDC, but should be fine.  I could barely get comfortable on the flight over. Now my back is starting to get sore, I think because it is compensating for my sore butt. On the way back I will try supporting my lower back with a rolled up sweater. 

We arrived in Knoxville right around 11 pm local time.  The rental company for some reason did not have the type of car we reserved so were upgraded to a brand new fancy minivan. This is a first!  Maybe it's to get a taste of what it's like to drive around with a large family?

We got to the hotel right around midnight. We are just relaxing now. I'm excited as we are meeting with 2 other ladies from the Face.book embryo adoption group, and their husbands for lunch. They both just had their transfers at NEDC yesterday.  Love meeting other NEDC mamas!

For now, good night from Knoxville!


5 comments:

  1. A minivan sounds about right for triplets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a minivan is a great omen! Good luck! Glad you made it safely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sunset picture is beautiful. Let it remind you that God is in control. Wishing you the best of luck with the transfer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are gorgeous. I hope the minivan is a good sign! See you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad you made it with no problems! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete