Thursday, May 15, 2014

Knoxville: A Relaxing Day

Today was a relaxing day. At first we thought about making a road trip to Nashville or Chattanooga, but we stayed up too late watching a movie last night, the weather was rainy and dreary. So instead we decided to stick around.

For lunch, we met up with 2 other couples, both of them just had their transfers at NEDC yesterday.  It was so fun to be able meet other NEDC mamas in person. We had a great time chatting and sharing experiences about our transfers and infertility journeys.  Before we left, Sara, from Chronicles of An Adoption gave each couple a sweet care package from Cracker Barrel. In it was a glass bottle of Coke, and two sweet treats, Moon Pie and GooGoo Cluster, both From TN.  Sara also gave us each a sweet card. 


After lunch Babe and I made a Target run for water and some treats. We decided to go back to the hotel to watch some TV and take naps. We went to Calhoun's for BBQ and I had a strawberry margarita.  Back at the hotel, I got my next dose of PIO.  We watched some more movies on TV, since we don't have cable at home. A lot of relaxing today. 

Tomorrow, Friday is THE big day!  Transfer is set for 11am EST.  I will take my valium, albuterol and ibuprofen at 10 am, and check in at NEDC at 10:30 am. 

Prayers appreciated for our transfer. Of course I I desperately want this transfer to work.  But I pray that with this transfer, that God's will be done, whatever the outcome is.  I pray that this journey that Babe and I have been through will only glorify Him.

I will try to do an update tomorrow when I can. 

Here we go!


8 comments:

  1. Praying all goes super wonderfully well today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a successful transfer for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you today and counting down the hours until your transfer. It's ALMOST HERE! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet "day before" time of encouragement from other mommas in your shoes. I'll be praying all day for every step along the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and sending prayers your way this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our stories of infertility are similar and I have found much comfort and encouragement in your blog. Thank you. I loved what you said about God's will being done and that he would be glorified through this. I am certainly praying for your transfer to result in a healthy pregnancy. I will continue to pray during the two week window (actually a little less than two weeks), especially that you will know God's presence and comfort. R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers to you that the transfer went well today!! :)

    ReplyDelete