- So thankful that our Karotype test results came back normal. It means we can try for another round of IVF, and can skip the whole donor egg discussion. For a while there, I thought maybe it would be a good thing if the result came back abnormal. Then we can just say screw the whole IVF thing, quit trying, and move on to adoption. Of course I'm truly happy that's not the case. The whole IVF thing is hard. It's hard when there are so many unknowns. Not knowing if it is going to work this time, after yet another failure. All the physical, emotional and financial strains it involves. But yes, I'm thankful for the way it turned out.
- Earlier this week, my 2 1/2-year-old goddaughter L gave me a little pot of african violets. Just because, and as a thank you for being a special part of her life. I'm sure it was her mom, E's idea, a little something for mother's day. So thank you, E! I will probably plant it outside in a planter or in the garden transfer it into a permanent indoor pot (I was just notified by E that the plant is actually an indoor plant! Let's hope my black thumb does not kill it!).
- We refinanced our house from a 30-year to a 15-year mortgage. No refinancing fees and we actually will pay less every month, thanks to the stimulus package. We still have to get the final approval in the mail. The only possible bump is that I am now not working, but we've had a perfect history in the past of paying on time and extra. Plus unlike many mortgages out there, we actually owe less than what the house is worth. The refinancing guy doesn't think it would be an issue.
- I ovulated early this month. It came as a bit of a surprise since I normally ovulate on day 16 or 17 on, but I think I actually ovulated on day 15 this month. Luckily I was paying attention to the OPKs or I would have missed it!
- We had dinner at a Chinese restaurant a couple of nights ago, and my fortune cookie said "You will have a comfortable old age". Hmm.... comfortable? Hopefully that includes kids that will be taking good care of me!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
This and That
I've been a bad blogger, sorry. I'm STILL behind in catching up on reading everyone's blogs. I'm about 3 days behind. Haven't been commenting much, and not feeling like posting much either. So, here's a few going ons in my life right now.