Thursday, February 21, 2013

February 2013 ICLW


Happy ICLW everyone!

It has been almost a year since the last time I participated in ICLW.  Many things have changed since then.  I haven't been in the blogworld for a while, and now I'm back.  If you've been here before, welcome back!

The short version of our story:  Babe (hubby) and were married in the Fall of 2002, and started actively trying for a baby in February 2004.  We were first diagnosed with "unexplained infertility".  Since then, we have tried just about everything... Clom.id, surgeries for uterine polyps, 4 IUIs, and 4 failed IVFs, with the last one in July 2011.  My RE determined that we have low egg quality, probably due to age.  However, we have been trying for a baby since I was 30, so I wonder if it had alway been an egg issue.

Since then, we have gone down the path of international adoption.  However, over the course of the adoption home study process, we have decided to pursue embryo adoption instead.  Since my absence from the blogworld, I wrote a catch up post here.  We are still working on completing our home study when we just found out last week that our agency will not allow us to complete it for embryo adoption. Since then we have looked at another agency and the thought of having the redo our home study process over again from scratch both infuriates and upsets me.

To find out the latest updates, read the last few posts.  I will be posting more updates soon (I will be writing another post about today's update)!

1 comment:

  1. A close friend of mine did embryo adoption. After three IVFs that didn't even result in a chemical pregnancy, they succeeded with their first embryo adoption and had boy/girl twins. She lives in LA, but I've told her that Hollywood writers couldn't have scripted a better ending to their journey! Good luck with your decisions!

    ReplyDelete