Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hello World... Again.

Hello World.... it's me, again.

Yes, it's ridiculous how long it's been since the last post (October 2011), and the one before that (July 2001).  I know, I've been a really bad blogger.  I want to thank those of you that commented on my last posting.  I'm surprised that there are still people out there reading this.

Since my last posting of being stuck in a huge rut, a couple of things have happened in my life.  A couple of pretty major things actually.

First of all, I quit my job!  Yup, crazy, but I left my super stressful job. I need to get my life back in order, figure out what's next for me, and just get my mind back.  My last day was November 30th, 2011.  It was a struggle at first to make a decision to do it, but then I am so glad to be done!

The other big thing.....  I went home (back to Asia) for 3 weeks to celebrate Christmas and New Year with my family.  While there, my Babe and my family took a side trip and spent 5 days, including Christmas in Bali.  It was great fun, and super warm.  Great time to take a trip to a warm tropical country during our winter here.  It was nice to be able to take a vacation and know that I don't have to worry about coming home to super stressful job.

It has taken me this long to blog again because.....
  1. While I was still at my job, I did not have time to think about what our next step is, though infertility never left my thoughts.  And then when I finally decided to leave, I spent the time trying to wrap up everything (not very successfully) before I left the job.  After that, I spent the next 2 weeks getting ready for my trip, and doing all the Christmas shopping for family and friends here before we left.
  2. I'm not sure what our next step is.  We think it is adoption, but we don't know what kind.  We don't think we will do domestic infant adoption (that can be a whole other post), nor are we up for waiting children (special needs).  So we are thinking international.  But then, we have to decide from which country?  So many questions and issues to consider.  Then there's embryo adoption.  I just don't  know and we just can't decide!  It's so hard to commit!  It's also hard to let go of the dream of having our own biological children too.
  3. I didn't want to update my blog.  Honestly, I was am just plain lazy.....   I feel like I don't have much to update.  I still have a lot of researching and soul searching as far as what kind of adoption we want to do, or if that is even what we really want.
So, here I am...... planning to stick around the blogsphere as Babe and I try to figure out what's next.

3 comments:

  1. SO glad for an update!!!

    Lots for you to have going all through your head, I know...especially those adoption issues—inernational? Where? Will it work? EA? How? Still go on?! I will just pray for your soul to have some peace and a plan and some clarity!!!! Glad you enjoyed your Christmas, though...what a great idea! Just met someone from Bali yesterday who told me we had to go there because it was amazing. Looks it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you again. Sounds like a lot has happened! I'm so glad you were able to quit your job. What a huge stress reliever. And your vacation to Asia must have been absolutely wonderful!

    I hope you are able to figure out your next steps soon. I know it's a lot of decisions to be made, but I pray you will find the right answers for your family. :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to read an update from you! I'm so happy for you that you no longer have a stressful job. That can take a horrible toll on a person, and I'm so thrilled that you don't have to deal with that any longer. And your trip over Christmas sounds just lovely! I hope it was refreshing and amazing for you :)

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete