Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baby Nightmare

I was reading JC's "Worst Dream of My Life" post today about her "fake pregnancy" dream and it reminded me of a nightmare I had a few months ago.

I dreamt that I had given birth to a beautiful baby.  I don't remember if it was a boy or girl, or even if I knew what the sex was.

Not long after that I realized that my baby had died because I had forgotten to feed it!!  In my dream, I was trying to explain to the police officer arresting me that I did not mean to kill my baby.  I just forgot to feed it!

Can you imagine, forgetting to feed your own baby?!!  What kind of sick and pathetic mother am I?

You see, I do not have a green thumb at all and have killed every single indoor potted plant I have ever owned.  Okay, so I still have a 5 foot indoor tree sitting in my living room that DH bought this last spring, but it's looking pretty sad right now too.  It only has about half of its leaves still remaining.  I'm really bad about watering my plants. I forget to water them, and then I drown them.

I woke up from this dream thinking, "Oh my God!!  If I can't remember to water my plants, can I remember to feed my own baby?!!"

It actually made me doubt that I would be a good mother.  Thankfully it was only for a short moment.

I so hate stupid weird dreams like that!

4 comments:

  1. I never had dreams like that when we were TTC but we did have what the doctor called a chemical pregnancy after our 2nd round of IVF. We were thrilled when the clinic called to tell us that we were pregnant but only to be told 2 days later on the weekend of father's day that it is not really a pregnancy. That was really hard to bear since we miscarried the first time on the weekend of mother's day.

    qoute of the day "don't be so like that"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless your heart! I have had that same silly worry, because I too have a black thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning me in your blog! Ugh your dream sucks too!!! But you will be a great mother and you WILL remember to feed your baby! Don't worry, I have killed all of my plants. The most recent on DH bought me and said "you are not allowed to touch it." Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me. artificial turf abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete