Saturday, November 28, 2009

All I Want for Christmas is.... Not on the Black Friday Deals List

Yesterday was Black Friday, the busiest shopping day of the entire year for retailer. My DH, B and I stayed the heck as far away from the mall as possible!  We slept in, and spent most of the afternoon at the coffee shop surfing amazon.com, comparing prices of item, and planning our Christmas shopping for all the nephews, nieces, parents, grandma, etc.

So halfway through, B turns to me and say "So, what do you want for Christmas this year?"  Me: " I dunno.  I'll have to think about it...."

Really what I wanted to say was "A BABY! A BABY!  The same dang thing I wanted the last few years!"

Wouldn't it be great if I found out I was pregnant for Christmas?  What an awesome gift that would be!

Of course a baby is not something that you can find on the Black Friday circulars!  And it's not something you can put on your Christmas wish list when Grandma or MIL asks for one.  Sometimes I make up things just so that I have something to give them.  Things like CDs, or cookbooks, or a kitchen gadget, or gift cards for eating out.

All things that seem so selfish when the greatest desire in my heart is to have a baby.

Things I wish I could asked for: Maternity clothes, "What to Expect" books, pregnancy books, parenting books, anything related to pregnancy or parenting.

I have asked for Christmas wish lists from my SILs and friends with kids for suggestions for their kids this year.  And I wonder, when is my turn to be able to give them a list for my future kids?  How many years have I bought Christmas presents for everyone else's kids?  When is it my turn to be on the receiving end?

No, it's not about the money.  It's the time and effort put into getting thoughtful and wonderful presents for children I care about.  It's time for someone else to take the time and effort to do the same for my kids.

And if only we have a child/children there for that.

That's what I wish for Christmas.....

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about office blinds in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. <a href="http://curtainsabudhabi.ae/carpets-rugs-in-dubai/>carpets rugs in dubai and in abu dhabi</a>

    ReplyDelete