The holiday season can be so hard for so many of us going through the very tough and unwelcome journey of infertility. So, as we celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow, I started to think about what is it that I am thankful for? May people say things like they are thankful for friends and family. But every year, I struggle with this! I want to say I am thankful for family too, but I wish I had a family of my own to be thankful for!!
So, even though I am going through this IF journey, I am thankful:
- For the support of the FEW friends and family members that know about our IF journey. This is a painful and lonely journey to be on, and support can mean a world of difference!
- My faith, knowing that no matter what happens God has a plan for me, even though I may not always know what it is.
- For people who are, and have been PRAYING for DH and I for our journey to parenthood, no matter what it may be.
- That we live in an age where medical advances have given us hope to have babies when conceiving is difficult or "impossible" for some of us.
- That DH and I are on the same page on how to proceed with our treatments. It was not easy starting treatment at first, but now after 4 failed IUIs, we are looking forward to IVF next year!
- That DH still has a decent job in this economy (I am currently not working)
- That DH and I are able to pay for past treatments (some covered by insurance), and that we will be able to finance our future treatments somehow.
I am praying that next year I can be thankful for a healthy *baby or pregnancy*!!
Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!