Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Polyp Free!

Today I had an ultrasound to have my uterus checked for polyps.  In the past, I had this done prior to my IVFs because I've had multiple instances where it had returned.  In fact, last September, my FET at NEDC was cancelled because they found a polyp (which later my doctor said there were more than one) right before we were supposed to hope on a plane for our transfer.  I had a hysteroscopy and D&C  to have it removed in October.

Today, I went in again to have it checked because I didn't want a repeat of what happened in September.  I was actually quite nervous at the appointment, worried about what if the polyps had returned.  Then I would have to postpone my transfer again, and would have to deal the the medical bill of another hysteroscopy.  Thank God my scan came up clear of polyps.

However, during the scan, the technician found something interesting.  He thinks I may have a slight case of, or early onset of Adenomyosis.  It is a condition where the endometrial tissue that usually lines the uterus start growing into the muscles of the uterus.  This can cause the thickening of the uterine walls and can cause heavy or longer-than-usual periods as well as pain during period or sex.  I do not have any of these symptoms right now, and my gynecologist is not worried about it at this point.  He does not believe this will impact my ability to conceive or affect my transfer outcome.  So that is good to know.

So now that I got the all clear from polyps, I have the peace of mind for a true "go" for the May transfer protocol.  Now that that's out of the way, I finally booked our flights to Knoxville for our transfer.

I took my last birth control pill on Saturday and today, I started my period today, with the "perfect" timing of right before my ultrasound.  I found out my period started when I used the bathroom minutes before my appointment.  Tomorrow morning, I will have my baseline ultrasound and blood work appointment.  If all goes well I should be starting my Es.trace tablets on Friday.

Tomorrow I will also have my endometrial biopsy that was recommended by Dr. Keenan for patients doing their third attempts at NEDC.  The biopsy is not so much to do a pathology report, but is used more for "scratching" the lining of the uterus.  I guess there has been research to show that this can help with implantation.  I'm a little nervous since I've heard it can be very uncomfortable.  I won't be sedated but will take some pain killers prior to the procedure.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.


9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear!! Hoping and praying you can continue to a smooth transfer! Just a quick question, are there or have there been symptoms with your polyps in the past that might given you suspicions before an ultrasound? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to hear good news and the transfer is still a go! Just happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor is recommending the "scratching" for my FET coming up in June. I also heard it was bad but my nurse assured me that it wasn't as painful as it sounds. I'm so happy everything is going well so far with this cycle and saying prayers that this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a complete stranger that stumbled upon your blog, but I am also dealing with infertility. I just had my third IVF transfer and did the "scratching" for the first time this last cycle. I tried doing some research on this and didn't find much. I was very nervous for this, but honestly it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Also, it is SUPER fast and over before you know it. I popped up right after and was fine. You won't have any pain or discomfort at all after the procedure. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I are almost on the same time frame for IVF cycles. I stumbled upon your blog and wanted to wish you luck. I also have Adenomyosis. I have never heard of anyone else with it but now it looks like you :) I'm excited to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    motorized blinds in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    sisal look carpet

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.sheers abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete