Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I Took The Test

I took the test.

The results window of the pregnancy test was stark white.  Not pregnant.  Of course not.  I knew that.

Yesterday, as I was driving home from work, I started having the familiar feeling of those pre-mentrual twitches.  I was pretty sure my period would start.  And then, nothing.  Again, today I felt those familiar feelings again on my drive home, except they were stronger and felt like for sure I my period would arrive.   But then, still nothing.

I was actually reluctant to take the test tonight.  I wanted to return it to Tar.get. but we can't find the stupid receipt.  Finally, Babe bribed me with happy hour tomorrow night, just so that we would know.  Like me, he also liked not knowing for sure because then there was still some slight hope for a miracle pregnancy.  Though deep down, I knew it was wishful thinking.  So I took the test, and I know for sure I am not pregnant.  I am a little disappointed but relieved to know.

Looking at my calendar, as of today, I am 17 days late.  And still no sign of my period.    I'm still blaming it on my new job and change in schedule.  Anyone else experienced this, with a period being this late?


14 comments:

  1. First I am sooo sorry! After my 4th FET my body totally skipped a period which is very unusual for my clockwork like body. I like you tested to see if I was pregnant several times...and I wasn't. My body just needed a break? I don't know. THese things don't always make sense huh. Praying for rest, peace, and direction as you both decide what to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I'm so sorry. I pray your body gets back to normal soon so you can rest. (((hugs))) Praying for direction for you and Babe and an open door somewhere that will bring you your heart's desire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The female body tends to get out of whack after hormones. I'm so sorry :( Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry the test was negative. And I'm sorry AF is still a no-show. How frustrating!! Thinking of you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really really sorry. I've had weird cycles too. It's just an extra cruel joke. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry. I was really hoping and praying for a miracle pregnancy for you and Babe. I hope you don't mind that I have prayed that for the two of you. I think Babe is a sweet husband for bribing you with a date night/happy hour since some nice time together is so important for marriage.

    Around the time of our wedding when we were on birth control pills (funny to think we thought we needed that), I used the dosage to skip a period because the timing was going to be inconvenient. My doctor had reassured me that my period would resume but instead I ended up not having a period for nearly 5 weeks and ended up taking two pregnancy tests. I was told that the stress of everything, including getting married, buying a house, organizing a wedding, and moving in together probably stressed out my body and messed with my cycle.

    I am still praying for you and Babe, especially for God's guidance and comfort. R

    ReplyDelete
  7. At age 38, earlier this year I had for the first time a period that was 3 weeks late. I read somewhere on line that sometimes a virus, like a flu bug, right before you ovulate, can upset and delay your normal cycle, and I had a flu bug right about that time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too was hoping for a miracle pregnancy for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I once went 64 days between cycles and I was normally 30 days on the dot. At the time I was travelling frequently for work (7 timezones in six weeks) so lots of stress and my sleep cycles were out of whack. I hope though that this is a pregnancy for you. Fingers crossed. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry it was negative, and I am so sorry you're having to feel all the emotions associated with this. Hugs! I can often go 3-6 months between a period when I'm not on BCP, and I know stress doesn't help matters any! But you can't blame yourself for everything you've been going through so the best I can say is take care of yourself the best you can. More hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How utterly frustrating! I'm sorry for the negative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about curtains in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!Blinds and Curtains abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete