Saturday, September 21, 2013
September 2013 ICLW
This should be a very exciting time for me.
I should be in Knoxville, TN right now for the transfer of our adopted embryos from on the National Embryo Donation Center (NEDC) this Sunday.
Well at least that was the plan. Two days before we were to hop on the airplane, we found out that I have a polyp in my uterus. Dr. Keenan from NEDC recommended that we postpone our transfer until November. So sadly, I had to cancel my travel plans and wait another couple of months before I get to meet my adopted babies waiting for me in TN. In the mean time I have an appointment with a specialist at the end of the month to schedule surgery to remove my polyp.
This is obviously a very disappointing time for me. After trying for almost 10 years, including multiple rounds of Clo.mid, IUIs, surgeries and 4 rounds of IVFs, AND turning 40 in August, I have to wait yet again. However, I want to make sure that my body is ready and in the ideal condition to give my babies the best chance at life.
It is another reminder that no matter how much I try to plan, prepare and control things, in the end I am not in control, but God is.
It sounds like a cliche, but it really is all in God's timing.
For those of you new to my blog or to see how I got here, swing on over to my "Our Journey So Far" page.
Thanks for visiting. Hope you stick around to see how things play out in the next couple of months.