Monday, June 27, 2011

Belated ICLW & A Roller Coaster Ride


IComLeavWe
 A Very Belated ICLW to everyone!

First off, I'd like to apologize for a non-productive ICLW again.  Thanks to those who stopped by from ICLW.  It's been another bad month for ICLW.  I'm actually surprised I made it to ICLW this month.  If you are new to my site, welcome.  If you've been here before, thanks for stopping by again.

Our story briefly:  Babe (hubby) and I have been TTC for over 7 years.  We were first diagnosed with "unexplained infertility"  Since then, we done just about everything... clomid, surgeries for polyps, 4 IUIs, and a total of 3 IVFs, with the last one done last July (wow, has it been a year already?).

Based on my last 2 IVFs, my RE determined that we have low egg quality, probably due to age (I am turning 38 in August).  However, we have been trying for 7 years, so we wonder if it had always been an egg issue? I guess we'll never know.

Since the last IVF a year ago, we had taken a long break.  We thought we were done.  Then I started a new job in September, which we found out, now we have fertility coverage again.

So fast forward to June, and now I am in the middle of my IVF cycle.  I started my stims on 6/17 and last Thursday, I thought I had to cancel this IVF cycle.  At my appointment, the clinic thought I had a lead follicle at 19x16 mm, and numerous other small ones.  Because there was only one follicle maturing, and much faster than the others, I was told I may have to cancel the IVF and convert in into and IUI.  But I went back on Friday for another ultrasound, and they found out my follicles were growing just fine.  Turns out the ultrasound technician (who is new I think, since I've never seen her before) measured the follicle wrong.  She must have measured 2 follicles as one.

Anyways, just found out today that I am ready.  So I had my 2 Ovi.drel shots today (instead of HCG), and I am set for retrieval for Wednesday.  I have to be at the clinic at 6:30 am! I'm excited, but also nervous.  To be honest, I'm not feeling optimistic this cycle.  Can't imagine how the outcome of this cycle would be any different than previous ones.  Anyways we we have to wait and see.

Will keep you posted!

7 comments:

  1. That's great news. I think even a cycle that goes 'by the book' creates the 'will it be canceled?' stress at every scan.

    I just had my egg retrieval this morning. Good luck tomorrow with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a tumultuous journey. Thinking of you and hoping that all goes well for you this round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you're in our thoughts & prayers. Rooting for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the retrieval/transfer! (And three cheers for fertility coverage!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have you back. Best of luck on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying Wednesday goes well and that this is the magical cycle that works for you!!! So glad to have you back blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad things are looking up!!

    I can't wait to read your next update!!!

    ReplyDelete